All types of construction in the Town of Lisbon require a permit. This includes, but is not limited to, additions, remodeling, sheds, decks, and pools. Along with the application, 3 copies of plans must be submitted, as well as 3 copies of your property survey with the improvement shown on the survey, if your improvement is outside the home.

Click here to download forms and applications or contact Bryan Oelhafen and he will send you the form(s) you need.  

Septic Systems
If you have a private on-site septic system, and your improvement is outside the foot print of your home, you will also need to contact Waukesha County Health Department for a preliminary site evaluation. They can be reached at 262-896-8300.

Permitting is also required for a service upgrade or replacement, window and roof replacement, water heater, furnace and air conditioner replacement. In an emergency situation, a licensed contractor should do the work, and then obtain your permit as soon as practical.

You can mail your information, or you can drop the information off in the drop box by my front door. Although, processing may be less, allow at least one week for the issuance of your permit. When you receive your permit, you will be given a list of required inspections and when to call. It is important that you read this over and call for all your inspections, including the final. If you are disturbing land, your erosion control measures must be in place prior to starting any earth altering activity. Depending on the amount of your land disturbance, you may also need a minor or major grading permit. Call for details, and information before you start. If you have any questions, or are unsure if you need a permit, please call, Monday through Friday 8:30 A.M to 4:30 P.M. Office hours are by appointment. 

When is a permit required?
Zoning Permit / Site Eval
Erosion Control
Security Systems
Sheds / Accessory Buildings