Opens annually 1st Saturday of April through last Saturday of November weather permitting. To find out if the compost site is open due to weather, please call 262-719-5411. The site is open to Lisbon residents only.
The compost site is for residential yard waste only. No commercial use is allowed. Do not bring trash, junk or construction materials. No trucks larger than a pick-up truck can be used for pick-up or dumping materials. Only one vehicle at a time will be admitted per permit. You may take at no additional charge finished compost and wood chips from the site when the material is available.
The site accepts leaves, grass clippings, brush and branches.
- No landscape timbers, railroad ties or construction lumber
- No chainsaws or axes
- No front end loaders or trucks larger than a pickup
- No children on any piles and dogs must be on a leash
- Do cover your load with a tarp (County Ordinance 346.94 or pay a fine of $114)
- We no longer accept electronics or appliances. Please visit Waukesha County's website for more information on how to properly dispose of electronics.
Compost Site Pass / Payment Information
The annual pass is obtainable at the Town Hall for $18.
If you'd prefer to process your pass via mail, please submit the online form below and send an $18 check to Town Hall made payable to Town of Lisbon, along with a self-addressed/stamped envelope. We will then mail your pass back to you. We will not mail the pass, until we receive payment.
Lisbon Town Hall: W234N8676 Woodside Road Lisbon, WI 53089
Town of Merton and Village of Merton residents must purchase their passes from their town/village hall. Thank you for your cooperation.