Permitting Process

What Requires a Building Permit?

All types of construction in the Town of Lisbon require a permit. This includes, but is not limited to, additions, remodeling, sheds, decks, pools and any interior remodeling.  Permitting is also required for a service upgrade or replacement, window and roof replacement, water heater, furnace and air conditioner replacement. 

In an emergency situation, a licensed contractor should do the work, and then obtain your permit as soon as practical.  Please contact the Building Inspector if you have more questions.  

Click here for more specific information on permitting.  
Click here for more specific information on new home permitting.  

What Do I Need to Provide to Obtain a Permit?

Along with the application, I will need 3 copies of your plans. I will also need 3 copies of your property survey with the improvement shown on the survey if your improvement is outside the home.  If the improvement is out of the home (exterior) and have a mound or septic system, please contact Waukesha County Health Department for a Preliminary Site Evaluation at 262-896-8300.  

What Requires an Electrical Permit?

Any improvement 50 volts or greater. 

What Requires a Plumbing Permit?

Any improvement that requires altering drain waste or vent of any appliance. Direct replacement does not require a permit.  

What Requires an HVAC Permit?

Replacement of your HVAC appliance including duct work.